Business High Performance Employee Experience | PayByPhone Case Study
Employee Experience: Creating a high performance culture
Previously owned by PayPoint, mobile parking payments provider, PayByPhone UK were acquired by Volkswagen Financial Services in December 2016. The then UK CEO, Jonny Combe, joined in late 2018. Following a period of instability, the appointment of the new UK CEO and a strategy that required the business to grow rapidly, there was the need for a significant step-change, underpinned by a culture of high performance.
What we did
Working with PayByPhone UK over a 4-year period, we completed a full culture-realignment programme. This included:
- Completing a Workplace culture, employee experience and engagement review, resulting in the identification of priority areas for the organisation to focus on to bring about the required shift in culture
- Working with PayByPhone’s Vancouver-based HQ to support the definition and launch of company Values and a Purpose
- Mapping the key moments that matter during PBP’s UK employee experience and proposing changes to make these more Values and Purpose-aligned
- Onboarding Culture Champions to drive all culture based initiatives
- Supporting the design of multiple events / initiatives to instil a renewed sense of team within the UK organisation
- Instigating and supporting the embedding of a continuous feedback culture within the UK
- Designing regular reward and recognition initiatives to celebrate the successes of PBP’s UK team members.
~ Jonny Combe, President and CEO, PayByPhone